"Hunstanton is a beautiful and unique bit of the Norfolk Coast, in East Anglia. One of the reasons why it appealed to me as a place to paint, is that it has really unsual geology, the cliffs have a bottom layer of strong reddish limestone, topped by a cream coloured chalk layer; also that it can still have the quiet feel of the seaside town. Painted En Plein Air (in the Open Air), I was really inspired by the laying of beautiful colours of the cliff and how the sun brought all the colours alive. This was one of those great days at the beach!"
- Original, only one available.
- Oil on board.
- Measures 26 (H) x 35 (W) cm (inclusive of frame).
- Frame is wooden with a pale cream coloured stain.
- Already fitted with fixings, so it is ready to hang.
- Signed bottom right hand corner.